Due to the global pandemic, the application deadline has been postponed to May 31, 2020
Lo Chia-luen International Sinology Scholarship,
National Chengchi University, Taiwan
1.The Office of Lo Chia-luen International Sinology Chair, National Chengchi University (NCCU) is pleased to announce its annual graduate scholarship grants for the academic year 2020-2021.
2.The scholarship is intended for graduate students and research topics should be related to Sinology.
3.Financial assistance and award period:
(1) The scholarship offers a monthly stipend of NTD 30,000 to MA students and NTD 50,000 to PhD students.
(2) The award period is 3 to 6 months (between September 2020 and July 2021).
Due to the global pandemic, international travel is currently almost impossible. We hope things will be back to normal after this summer. However, the possibility of foreign students being allowed into Taiwan is contingent on the policy of Taiwan government at that time.
(3) The scholarship provides recipients from overseas universities with one round-trip, economy-class flight ticket.
4.Applications should be submitted to the Office of Lo Chia-luen International Sinology Chair via email by May 31st, 2020.
Applications should include the following documents:
(1) Application form (Word file download)
(2) Research plan written in Chinese (maximum of 2,000 characters)
(3) Curriculum Vitae (including a list of publications)
(4) University certificate of enrollment and transcript
(5) Two letters of recommendation
(6) A NCCU advisor consent letter
5.The scholarship recipient is required to:
(1) have a NCCU advisor during the award period
(2) participate in academic activities conducted by NCCU
(3) receive only this grant and no other scholarships while in Taiwan
(4) submit a final report by the end date of the award
(5) acknowledge NCCU support in publications and agree to allow NCCU to use the publications in education promotion
Please email your application (in PDF or Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Ms. Cathy Lu, if you have any questions. (+886-2-82377081)